GUIDELINES /ADVICE FROM SHAIKH SAADI (Author of Beneficial ways to have a happy life based on the Quran and Sunnah)TO HIS STUDENTS
From: Al wasail mufeeda, lil hayatil saeeda ( Beneficial ways to have a happy life)
Author: Sheikh Saadi complete name: Abdur Rahman bin Nasir us Saadi. The SCHOLAR who wrote Tafseer Saadi (III volumes) He is Mufassir Quran.
Translation and discussion from Arabic into Urdu by Dr. Farhat Hashmi, translated in to English by yours truly below:
ADVICE TO STUDENTS
- A student should keep all the words of Allah and his Rasool (pbuh) as priority over all words from other sources, and those two will be his/her reference point and the gold standard for all facts and features.
- A student should strengthen his intention that he or she will keep the source of words of Allah and his Rasool as his base and foundation over all other sources. (Surah Hujaraat) He should build the palace of his life over the foundation on the seerah of our Rasool pbuh (ref from the book: bahjato qallool al abrar by sheikh Saadi)
- To find what Allah wants from the individual he/she should struggle to understand what Allah wants from the student.
- He/ she should struggle to follow Allah’s commands overtly and covertly physically and emotionally
- The one who was given this taufiq by Allah Subhanawataala then he she was given taufiq for the best, if he or she follows through then all his/her mistakes are erased.
A QUESTION FOR YOU:
Every student should ask herself what is the niyyah (intention) to learn whatever you are setting out to learn.
There are two people who come to a halaqa or conference of Ilm:
- Those who say I am going to learn and act on the words of Allah they will be given reward for the struggle no matter what the outcome.
- Those who go just “to see” and do not have a clear intention to learn and act.
WHICH ONE ARE YOU?