بِسْمِ اللَّـهِ الرَّحْمَـٰنِ الرَّحِيمِ
The revelation of this Book is from Allah, Exalted in Power, Full of Knowledge,-
[40:3] Yusuf Ali
Who forgiveth sin, accepteth repentance, is strict in punishment, and hath a long reach (in all things). there is no god but He: to Him is the final goal.
TAFSEER (translated from Dr. Farhat Hashmi in Taleem ul Quran)
INTRODUCTION TO SURAH GHAFIR SURAH NUMBER 40:
Surah al Ghafir also called Surah Momin till Surah Al ahqaf are the seven surahs that begin with Haa MIm
ALE HAWAMEEM (The seven surahs beginning with Haa Meem): Ibn Abbas says that everything has a core essence and that of the Quran is the Hawameem.
The one who wants to roam the gardens of Paradise they should read the Hawameem
Ibn Masud says that when I get to the Hawameem I feel like I am in the Gardens.
Ibn Masud says Hawameem are the silk garments of the Quran.
It was revealed in Mecca.
CALL PEOPLE TO THE MESSAGE:
In this Surah the instruction to call people to Allah. Those difficulties that occur during the process then leave those in the domain of Allah.
The revelation of the Quran is from Allah the Aziz and The Aleem this has come from someone extremely powerful and knowledgeable.
THE CHANCE TO REPENT, AND RETURN TO ALLAH & HIS NEARNESS
Allah covers the sins of his creation and accepts the return to him (repentance)
How does one do tauba (return to him) for he is Ghafir Dhambi, (Forgiver of sins) and Qabil Taubi (acceptor of repentance)?
HOW TO DO TAUBA?
- Leaving sin and doing good (even if it is inadvertent) as that good action washes out the sin.
- Ehsaan (to give more than the right of the other person) on the people (e.g. when the man brought water to the thirsty dog in his shoe.
PRE-REQUISITES FOR TAUBA:
- Ikhlaas: One must do tauba only to return to Allah, sincerely feel repentant to Allah only to gain nearness to Allah and to avoid punishment.
- Nadamat: Feel shame for the act of sin committed
- To leave the sin, not insist on the sin and to return the Oppression with kindness and return the rights of the person from whom they were taken.
- Promise never to repeat the sin fro which repentance is being done
- To Repent within the window of permission (i.e. before the last moments of death).
If one gets too relaxed about being forgiven he reminds us that he is Shadeed al Iqaab (has long reach to punish) and then he also gives leave by saying you have a lot of latitude to improve, repent and change for the better after Tauba.