Surah Al Mominoon 23: 23-25
بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ
وَلَقَدۡ أَرۡسَلۡنَا نُوحًا إِلَىٰ قَوۡمِهِۦ فَقَالَ يَـٰقَوۡمِ ٱعۡبُدُواْ ٱللَّهَ مَا لَكُم مِّنۡ إِلَـٰهٍ غَيۡرُهُ ۥۤۖ أَفَلَا تَتَّقُونَ (٢٣) فَقَالَ ٱلۡمَلَؤُاْ ٱلَّذِينَ كَفَرُواْ مِن قَوۡمِهِۦ مَا هَـٰذَآ إِلَّا بَشَرٌ۬ مِّثۡلُكُمۡ يُرِيدُ أَن يَتَفَضَّلَ عَلَيۡڪُمۡ وَلَوۡ شَآءَ ٱللَّهُ لَأَنزَلَ مَلَـٰٓٮِٕكَةً۬ مَّا سَمِعۡنَا بِہَـٰذَا فِىٓ ءَابَآٮِٕنَا ٱلۡأَوَّلِينَ (٢٤) إِنۡ هُوَ إِلَّا رَجُلُۢ بِهِۦ جِنَّةٌ۬ فَتَرَبَّصُواْ بِهِۦ حَتَّىٰ حِينٍ۬ (٢٥)
And We verily sent Noah unto his folk, and he said: O my people! Serve Allah. Ye have no other god save Him. Will ye not ward off (evil)? (23) But the chieftains of his folk, who disbelieved, said: This is only a mortal like you who would make himself superior to you. Had Allah willed, He surely could have sent down angels. We heard not of this in the case of our fathers of old. (24) He is only a man in whom is a madness, so watch him for a while. (25)
TAFSEER BY DR FARHAT HASHMI
The people of Noah were originally Muslims but had gone astray. Thus Noah AS was sent to bring them back to the message of Allah Subhanawataala.
The common thread running through these ayahs and those previously mentioned in the Quran is, which is even true today:
OBJECTIONS MADE TO THE PROPHET (PBUH)
1. The major objection of all past and current Prophet (PBUH) is that How can this man be a Prophet he is just like any one else, he eats, drinks and has a family.
2. He (pbuh) is claiming this message to make himself superior to us.
WHAT HAPPENS IN REAL LIFE TO THOSE PEOPLE WHO WANT TO SHARE ALLAH’S MESSAGE:
In real life this happens with all those people who take up the message for dawah. They get the same rant from common people. Those who do not want to listen to the message criticize those people who want to spread the word of Allah. This action to demonize or do character assassination of the Daee is to prevent the message from being spread or taken seriously.
WHY DO PEOPLE DO THAT?
Why do the people do that to the Daee it is because they do not want to change their lifestyle. Thus many people who even when they want to become a Daee to spread Allah’s message they do not completely immerse themselves in the spreading of Deen because it might look bad to the dunya people.
The best example is of prophet Muhammad pbuh. He was offered, kingship the best woman from the most respected tribe and unnamed titles and riches and he said the famous Hadith: If you put the moon in my right hand and the sun is my left I will not stop giving out the message of Allah.
OTHER OBJECTIONS TO THE PROPHETS (PBUH)
3. He has brought a new Deen, our forefathers have never heard of this, what do you think…………… our ancestors did not know anything?
They never followed these actions. Today also when someone mentions something from the Quran and Sunnah, the response is “ I have never heard of this, my parents never did this, where are you bringing this from”
4. People are emotionally attached to past rituals and traditions of the recent past. With the words of the message they see the breaking of their past traditions, thus they vehemently resent breaking the traditions. If we have to follow past traditions we should tap into Adam AS traditions, which were those of bowing to the oneness of Allah.
5. When all else fails, he final objection is “this man is insane”.
HADITH: Deen started as a stranger and will eventually become a stranger and this is good news for strangers”
People who begin to study and follow Allah’s message become strangers to the mainstream of society.