THE SPIRITUAL PREPARATION FOR HAJJ: If you can prepare this aspect, your Hajj will transform into a beautiful experience and you will forget the difficulties and challenges, inshallah.
Here are some questions to ask yourself and here are the resources to find them:
* HOW OFTEN ARE YOU RECITING THE QURAN? An excellent resource to recite with and learn the correct proununciation is Shaykh Al Afasys site: http://alafasy.tripod.com/
* ARE YOU READING THE LIFE OF THE PROPHET? I personally liked Yasir Qadhis Muhammad (PBUH) Lessons and Morals as well as Imam Anwar Awlakis life of the Prophet in Makkah and Medina both CDs definatley worth investing in.
* HAVE YOU SUBMITTED YOUR SPIRIT TO ALLAH AND ENTREATED HIM TO INVITE YOU FOR HAJJ? Masnoon prayers of the Prophet.pbuh
* Do you know the etiquette of Dua? Review this by Yasir Qadhi it is very very helpful!
- HAVE YOU READ THE DESCRIPTION OF PROPHET MUHAMMAD’S HAJJ AND LAST SPEECH AT ARAFAH? Available on many sites on the internet.
- The inner and outer dimensions of Hajj by Shaykh Mokhtaar Maghraoui is a treasure and gets better the second or third time one listens to it.
I have one request: PLEASE DO NOT PIRATE THESE CDS:
1. THIS WILL STUNT THE GROWTH OF MUSLIM MEDIA MARKETING AND THE PRICES WILL STAY HIGH BECAUSE OF LACK OF SALES.
2. MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE ABOVE REASON IS THE FACT THAT BY COPYING SOMETHING WHICH IS PROTECTED BY COPYRIGHT LAWS, YOU ARE COMMITTING A SIN (usurping the rights of the author and producer called Dhulm or oppression in the Quran) AND BREAKING THE LAW.
Allah knows best!
Do you have suggestions from what you have read or listened to? Please share!