EXCERPTED FROM TAFSEER BY DR. FH
Hypocrisy is a state of the heart, which is expressed by double-faced actions.
1. They have a discrepancy in what they have in their heart & what is on their lips
2. Munafiq means “double faced”
3. They hide the truth
4. They are untruthful to others (Momins) and to themselves
5. They create fasaad, by saying one thing to one person and another to another person, neither of them being the truth
6. When they are questioned about their actions that are causing fasaad they say we are just reforming society/people, we are doing this for the good of society.
7. When they are asked to believe, have emaan, they say, “Do I look stupid”?
8. In front of the momin they say they are with them, but when they are with the Shaiyateen (with people like themselves or their leaders), they say we were just joking privately, we are not really with the Momins.
9. Their words and actions do not match
10. The are without wisdom and without understanding of reality and truth (Shaoor)
11. Hypocrites are present in all times
12. Though hypocrites say verbally that they believe in God, Allah disqualifies their emaan as they are only saying it only with their tongue, and not with their hearts they do this only to fool others.
13. In their privacy they make fun of the Momin
14. They prefer to keep their eyes closed rather than see the truth and see the right path.
15. Allah has given them rope to do what they want and they choose to stray further and further away form the right path.
16. They are restless and without peace even in this world and try to entertain themselves with worldly things
17. They live in a world of self deception
18. Due to their actions they create fasaad in the world and do not have the understanding that their words and actions are the cause of the fasaad.
19. When they are asked to have emaan they say are we stupid that we become stupid like the momin who loose everything (worldly) because of their emaan.
SUMMARY OF CHARACTERISTICS OF A MUNAFIQ
1. DOUBLE FACED
2. IN TWO BOATS
3. THEIR ACTIONS DO NOT CONFIRM WHAT THEY SAY
4. THEY FOOL PEOPLE
5. THEY PRACTICE SELF DECEEPTION
6. THEY LIE
7. LACK UNDERSTANDING OF THE TRUTH
8. CREATE FASSAAD BEHIND REFORM
9. THEY DO NOT HAVE A CONSCIENCE
10. THEY ARE STUPID
11. THEY ARE IGNORANT
12. DOUBLE STANDARD
13. IBNAL WAQT
14. CHANGE WITH WHOEVER THEY ARE WITH
15. TRY TO PLEASE EVERYONE
16. THEY MAKE FUN OF MOMINS (PRIVATELY)
17. BAY ASOOL (WITHOUT STANDARDS OF HONESTY & MORALS)
18. THEY DO NOT RECOGNIZE THE TIME ALLAH SWT HAS GIVEN THEM AND ARE MISUSING IT
19. BEY BASEERAT/THEY WANT TO LIVE IN IGNORANCE
20. THEY CHOOSE GUMRAHI(BEING LOST) INSTEAD OF GUIDANCE
21. THEY DELIBERATELY REMAIN AWAY FROM GUIDANCE
One word summary: They lie!
PUNISHMENT FROM ALLAH FOR MUNAFIQS
1. Allah will make fun of them
2. Blindness of the heart: Allah has given them rope, (leave) and they are taking advantage of it and their hearts are blinded and they are straying further in their wrong path, and Allah is watching them
3. Allah will deny them guidance (al Hudda) They have exchanged the right path for the wrong path, this will be a huge disadvantageous for them. They are unable to get guidance as they are not asking for it, nor wanting it.
4. There are seven levels of Hellfire and They will b e in the bottom most part of the hellfire. why ? because they base their life on lies,
5. Those who have the characteristics of hypocrisy Allah will not give them guidance.
Hadith Sahih Bukhari
How to recognize a hypocrite: four characteristics
1. When given a trust he betrays it.
2. When he speaks he lies
3. When he promises he breaks it
4. When he argues he is unjust
5. Irrespective of whether he prays, fasts and claims that he is a muslim then he or she is a pure munafiq
Steps To get out of Hypocrisy (surah Nisa) and join the momins;
Strong connection with Allah
Make ones deen khalis (do the good works for Allah and not to show people)
Be thankful of every Naimah with kasarat
Decrease complaints of what we did not get in this world
HAVE YOU CHECKED YOUR HEART LATELY?
Thanks for this knowledge… I was disturbed for a long time. Because accidently i called one of my close friends that ‘you are a munafiq’. I called him it for his attitude towards me was very intolerable. So though it was out of emotion, i called him a munafiq. No sooner i had a prick of consciousness. On the spot i apologized him that i am sorry and evrything was my fault and out of emotion towards him… But his eyes were welled up with tears and said that he is never going to forgive me even if he dead. Suddenly my heart began to beat up… I Couldn’t control it… So we parted…
But i couldn’t sleep that night…i texted to him asking to accept my apology…but no reply… So.. .i also cried….
So… Now… When i read the characteristics of a munaafiq… I see some of traits of a munafiq in his character…
Now alhamdulillah… I understand that No doubt… Allah wil forgive me….
I made dua for him…
May Allah Almighty, the most Merciful and Forgiver, forgive us all…. Aameen…
Plz kindly make dua for us…. Wassalaaam
Reblogged this on Siraat-e-Mustaqeem and commented:
This has come to haunt us in our own town. May Allah have mercy on us!
The Unraveling of Islam …
There is a new insidious form of Islam which has been growing and growing since before 9/11 – that of “Honour Killing” – viz., “The Waning of Islamic Awareness”.
Here women and pre-pubescent girls have been tortured, maimed and killed in the stead of Hadith which the uneducated men loosely interpret as being the way … in the path of Prophet Muhammad. So-called … self proclaimed Jihadists … Freedom Fighters have resorted to the disfigurement of young daughters, wives and many other women who they deem have tread outside of the bounds of their misogynist paternalism – by throwing acid into the faces of thousands of women. In other cases they cut off their noses or ears. I more extreme cases they perform vicious acts of mastectomy. Forced detention and starvation and other cruel acts of torture have become commonplace. Without adhering to the Five basic tenets of Islam – it seems folly to try and delve into the more Spiritual aspects of the religion. – let alone mention them.
This is not confined to the home or fragmented community – but carried out with impunity by “Liberation” forces such as Al Qa’ida, Jan’ja’weed, al Shabaab and Boko Haram heading a slew of lesser-known “terror” groups.
Instead of delivering flowery Khutbah’s from musjid’s on Jummah – how do these Imams, Maulana’s, Mufti’s, Mullahs – the denizens of Mia’s Farm (Gauteng) and other Jamaat-ul Ulima’s excuse themselves from not addressing this very evil – which is one of the main causes for Islam coming under question and criticism or being attacked by Western academics and politicians – regardless of affiliation.
It is high time that those guilty of – or supporting such abhorrent behaviour are told that there is no Jannat for their ilk but indefinite Ja’hannum … the feared fiery cauldron of Hades.
Until we instill in our youths … pubescent scholars of Madrassa’s or those studying to become Hafiz’ul Q’uran we will not see a lessoning of these vile barbaric practices being curtailed within the more rural – isolated communities – although this practice of “honour killing” is rampant in both India and Pakistan – not confined to Muslims but other sectors of the Indian population.
The fact that many of those guilty of perpetrating such heinous acts of terror are usually lesser educated or virtually the more illiterate of Muslims – although they might well be able to read The Q’uran without understanding a single line within it’s quilted covers – certainly does not suggest that they are knowledgeable as to the actual content.
It is therefore incumbent upon those bodies who laud themselves as the controlling bodies of Islam throughout the Muslim world to enlighten their ignorant – uneducated “adherents” as to what is and what is not required or expectant upon all followers of Islam. Until this set’s of protocols are addressed and adhered to – all aspect s pertaining to Muslims can only be seen as hypocrites at best for one who is respected as being a Five times prayers a day will remain a burden upon Islam wherever it’s seen or supposedly practiced. These men are a mortal danger unto all women and themselves. There is nothing more fearful than blind ignorance that tries to portray itself as … The Truth.
What this boils down to that this is hardly The Religion of Peace as so many glibly proclaim. Being a Munafiq is certainly not one of the most desirable tenets of Islam – regardless of denial …
Walaikum Asalaam wa rahmatullahe wa barakatahu,
Hypocrisy is always easy to find in others.
Step one: look at your self, examine your actions and remove all characteristics of hypocrisy from them.
Two: provide opportunities, resources and company to your brother in doing good deeds and doing the opposite of what you see as hypocrisy in him.
Three: Make a lot of dua for him!!!
ASA, I am in a very hard situation to explain my conditon. But in short, if i find majority of the traits of a munafiq in my real brother, what should be my approach towards him. How should i pray to Allah for his hudda?
As Salamu alaikum, I have a friend with these characteristics but does she need to literally lie all the time to have this character, or constantly break promises, we make plans but majority of the time she can’t make it, does this count as promise breaking, and when she can’t make it its not because of serious reasons.
Walaikum Asalaam wa rahmatullahe wa barakatahu,
Many muslims do not know the significance of “a promise” and where it places us when we break it. This is mostly due to Ghafala or ignorance of the words of Allah and the punishment that lies therein for such behavior.
As far as is she a hypocrite? Only Allah knows what lies in the hearts of people.
As a friend you could have a friendly session with her to study the Quran and choose the ayahs about “a had or promise” and then she knows……and make dua that she changes other wise it is painful to see oneself or a friend in the FIRe. Lots of dua for each other.
Please keep me in your duas.
Pingback: 2011: SUCCESS, SABR, MARAIGE, DEATH & DUAS….. | Siraat-e-Mustaqeem
Subhan Allah El Azim, thank you for making it very clear what a munafiq is. I have a question to ask; can a muslim be called munafiq? Jazak Allah
ASA, I guess any one can be a munafiq if he or she fulfills the criteria. However, only AllahSubhanawataala knows what is in the hearts of people, so calling someone munafiq is unto Him.
Pingback: JUNE READINGS 2011: SABR, QURAN & MARRIAGE… « Siraat-e-Mustaqeem
what is the punishment of munafiq?in this world and in here after in the quran of sunnah (sahih-bukhari,sahih-muslim)
Pingback: CHARACTERISTICS OF A HYPOCRITE( MUNAFIQ):SURAH BAQARAH (via Siraat-e-Mustaqeem) « PIECEMEAL
Dear asqfish I just found your blog. it is astonished me. is it possible to follow your blog into my blog? if so, how to?
asalaamoalaikum Sister Sarah,
Why does my blog astonish you?
You are welcome to use the articles by linking them to your blog and or you can put me on your blogroll.
If you wish to read regularly you can subscribe to this blog by going to the top right had where it says “email Subscriprion”
I would love to hear from you in the comments.
jazaik Allah Khair!
Asalaamoalaikum Br Osama,
I am not sure what you mean.
Did the references for the Quranic text not suffice?
It is good to struggle some to learn the words of Allah and not just be spoon fed all the time.
May Allah Subhanawataala give you the energy and zest to search and find the truth.
It’s nt after the fact that ur research is wroung bt it would really be helpful if u were to hint us with The Quranic verses so that we might have a wider range of understanding beyond these aspects . SO next time be a little creative in ur approch .
Sorry for the harsh comments bt i had to tld u guys ..
your website is very useful for the user and you make more and more thing’s in your website, that we can use easily
i really neded the transilation for my islamiat but i also need the arabic caz the one in my book isnt correct
Asalaam o alaikum Hamza
Here are some links to help you:
For the actual Quran in arabic and three translations in english
for multi language translations
OR if you want your translations in realtime:
Inshallah you will score in A in Islamiat class here and with Allah Subhanawataala:)
Pingback: Ya Ayohan Naas….. O’ Mankind « Siraat-e-Mustaqeem
Pingback: Israelis terrorist are the most treacherous ennemies. Proved! « love Indigoo
Pingback: Israelis terrorist are the most treachery ennemies. Proved! « amoureuse de DIEU